Crowns + Bridges
Crowns and bridges provide protection and a natural appearance to your smile. They are perfect if you are looking to:
- Restore or improve function and stability to your teeth when they have been cracked, broken, decayed or undergone root canal work
- Enhance your smile
- Chew and bite normally
Here’s how a crown works.
Life happens and there are times when our teeth bear the brunt of that impact. Crowns can be used to treat missing, discoloured or damaged teeth that may require restorative and cosmetic enhancement.
In simple terms, a crown is essentially a thin porcelain layer that can be popped over your natural tooth much like a helmet is used to protect your head to repair decay and improve the appearance of your tooth.
They are made especially for you and created to match the colour and shape of your remaining teeth.
What’s a porcelain bridge?
In contrast to a crown, which covers and protects a single tooth, a bridge can replace one or more missing teeth.
Bridges are secured to the natural teeth on either side of the missing tooth to secure the prosthetic tooth into position.
This treatment can safeguard your smile against drifting teeth that can shift to fill the gaps left by losing a tooth.
Still wondering if it’s for you? Here are more reasons you would consider a porcelain bridge.
- Suitable alternative to a dental implant.
- More stable than traditional dentures.
- Prevent teeth from shifting
- Replace a number of missing teeth with one treatment
- Help regain function of your bite
- Ensure teeth do not move and shift to fill your smile’s missing gaps
- Help keep the jaw’s structure in the event of tooth loss
- Improve functionality (chewing and biting)